The Institute of Advanced Techniques against Cancer is a center of excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Located in central Madrid, iTAcC is an open center which has the most advanced linear accelerator in the world, the True Beam STx with Novalis Technology, a system which is unique in Spain and one of only a few available in Europe for the treatment of tumors with submillimeter accuracy.
Advantages of the TrueBeam STx with Novalis Technology over other linear accelerators:
- Brings together and improves classical radiation treatments in accuracy and speed. Allows for the management of very high doses of radiation in only a few seconds and at selected body points.
- It opens the possibility of treatments in patients when the indication of radiotherapy has been ruled out, giving way to new therapeutic options for patients with abdominal metastases, non-resectable liver tumors (primary and metastatic), pancreatic cancer and primary or metastatic lung tumors when surgery has been ruled out.
The True Beam STx with Novalis Technology is considered the target level of excellence in the radiotherapy treatment of cancer, which is able to offer:
- Minimally invasive radiotherapy
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric modulated arctherapy
- Fractionated stereotactic body radiotherapy
- Radiosurgery (with or without stereotactic frame)
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- With more accuracy and safety than other devices.